Thursday, November 12, 2009

October Weights and Measures

Third monthly roundup of measured data and analysis.

Data

Since blogger is annoying in how it handles images, I’m going to upload an Excel (2003) spreadsheet. Here’s a link:

http://www.forefrontpb.com/phildiet/Diet%20Records.xls


The "Weekly Graphs" worksheet shows the weekly average of weight and the weekly average combined BM score and quantity.

The "Weight Chart Daily Graph" worksheet shows the daily morning weight.

The "BM Score Daily Graph" worksheet shows the daily combined BM score and quantity.

I'm keeping a food log and notes in a written notebook, which for the sake of putting off an annoying task, I will scan and upload when I'm done rather than every month.

Analysis

Month three was characterized by an increase in mood and energy. I began lifting heavy (at least for me) weights and continued throughout the month. I’ll start graphing those numbers next month – unfortunately, I managed to injure my shoulder playing football, so there’s a decent gap in my log. I also decided to restart the program with more emphasis on form, which reduced my total weight in the squat. I want to get a month’s worth of data with good form before I say anything there.

My bowel movements settled down completely this month. The exception has become a Crohn’s crap, as I call it, with the rule being a normal, boring bowel movement once every one or two days. My three interesting bouts this month correlate nicely with stupid diet behavior the previous day, or strenuous exercise the previous day: I played football while chugging chai tea and cream, with obvious results, I ate heavy cream as ice cream several days in a row, with obvious results, and I went to a Chinese buffet after running around all day playing paintball. Again, with obvious results.

The blergh feeling is almost completely gone. I guess I’m finally keto-adapting. Overall, I’d rate October as a +3 or +4 relative to August.

I ordered a cow from a farm in Wykertown and pick it up November 11. That should be interesting, and hopefully end my trips to the store for several months.

Nine more months to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment